Dump Box Auger Spreaders
Smith Metal Works of Newark introduced the next evolution of Dump Box Spreaders. Designed for Dump Bodies and Highway Department Dump Trucks, they are lightweight and easy to install through the coal chute. The simplistic design and easy installation make tackling those early or late ice storms no longer a challenge. Dual hydraulic motors and replacing the chain with an auger system leave minimum maintenance. Our auger design unloads evenly, maintaining the stability of the truck. All dump box auger spreaders include a galvanized screen.
- Two hydraulic motors & 2 bearings.
- Safety screen – same length as the truck box.
- 7″ diameter auger with progressive flighting.
- Fluid power motor (Eaton replacement).
Installation is made easy by two methods:
- Through an existing coal tailgate door.
- Cut to size as stated in service manual and use the supplied door plate.
Options & Accessories
- The hydraulic discharge chute option is plumbed unto the box lift cylinder so that if the box needs to be raised to push material back towards the tailgate to continue the route or dump excess material, the chute goes up and out of the way. This eliminates the need to get out and manually raise the chute.
- Sensor Motor. Ask your dealer for current pricing.